It is time to wrap this series up. A good way to do so is to list out the workouts and give a brief description of them.
- Cross Core Combat — Fun. It does a good job of working the core. I like the mix up of exercises from burpees, to knee strikes, to general ab moves.
- Competition Core — Similar to Cross Core Combat in its goals. Again, it is fun. These workouts mix things up and are entertaining.
- Yoga XT — Probably, my least favorite. Lots of plank. It is a good stretching workout for before a run. That doesn’t mean that it is fun to sit in plank for that long.
- Plyo XT — The toughest and longest workout. It is a leg burner. I like it because it is a challenge and you are sweating (unlike Yoga XT).
- Strength and Force Upper — How much you like bands for strength training will determine how much you like this workout. For me, weights would’ve made this much better.
- Ripped Conditioning — As Competition Core is to Cross Core Combat, so is Ripped Conditioning to Strength and Force Upper. It keeps things fresh and interesting.
- Power Strike & 5 minute Knockout — Never did these. They are not in the 90-day schedule. Short workouts probably created to boost the infomercial (yes, that is an opinion:)).
- Strike Training — Wish I would’ve watched this first. It is an instructional video on how to do some of the moves.
- Sprawl and Brawl — One of my favorites. This workout is great with weighted gloves on. Lots of kicks and punches and burpees.
- Buns and Guns XT — Uses the leg bands. I do like the exercises they do. It worked out areas of my body that are commonly ignored.
- Legs and Back — Another workout with leg bands. I feel the same way about it as I do Buns and Guns XT.
- Muay Thai — Punches and kicks. Wear your gloves. This is one of my favorites. It is the easiest of the workouts.
- Cardio XT — Didn’t like this workout at first. Grew to like it at the end. You will sweat; if you do it at a high level of intensity. It seems like this was filmed as an afterthought. It is filmed in a different location than the other workouts.
- Ultimate ABS XT — Ah yes, the ab workout. It’s just ok. The ab workout from P90X is more effective. It is the right length for an ab workout. It just doesn’t have the intensity.
That’s a wrap. If you are considering this workout, please ask me any questions you may have. My overall view of this workout program is highly positive. It is a great program for someone looking get someone in the habit of fitness.